get ready to Rumba! A very handsome group of
sailing together. From left
to right G.T., Ray, John
Gentlemen Host® should possess the understanding and skills
described below as a necessary minimum:
- Be able to discern the musical beats to a piece
of dance music.
- Understand the beats-per-measure in a piece of
music, such as 4/4 and 3/4 time so that rhythms can be understood.
- Be able to dance to the music on time and on
- Be able to correctly hold his dance partner relative
to body position and placement of head, arms, hands and feet.
- Understand the basic fundamentals in leading his
- Distinguish and know the standard dances: Fox
Trot, Swing, Waltz, Rumba, and Cha-Cha.
- Using the standard dances listed above, be able
to dance a minimum of 5 Bronze (basic) Level steps in American-Social
Style. (Any variations of each dance step, or the ability to dance
International Style are optional).
and practice the traditional "line of dance" rule of
movement on the dance floor:
- Outside lanes move counter-clockwise for faster
dances like Fox Trot, Waltz, etc.
- Center dance floor is for Swing, Slow dancing,
Free style, Line dances.
- Rumba, Cha-cha dance in your own small area.
- Understand etiquette sufficiently to:
politely by being close enough to extend his hand to the
lady when requesting
a dance. Graciously use the
phrase, "May I have the pleasure of this dance
the lady to the floor & return her
to her chair or prior location. Again, thank her.
desirable, but not absolutely necessary: (Levels 4 & 5)
able to begin adding some "other" dances
that are sometimes danced aboard Cruise Ships including...
Tango, Samba, Quick Step, Merengue, Salsa, Two-Step, Polka,
- Be able to correctly execute eight or
more (approximately) steps / patterns for each of the standard
practicing and studying of social dance will
increase qualified Gentlemen Hosts cruise invitations
and options for more diversified ports and itineraries. All
| Gentlemen Hosts® | Cruises
| Youth Directors | Photo
Travel Agents | Guestbook
| Our Video | Links
| About Us
© 1997-2006 The Working Vacation ® Inc., All rights reserved.